A Wool blend carpet has multiple properties which makes them one of the best options for both residential and commercial purposes. Apart from factors like your lifestyle and budget, it is important to pay attention to the wool fibre you choose. Wool mix carpets are made from great quality materials that not only enhance your home decor but provide essential benefits too.
Wool is a natural material that has been used for different purposes for more than 2000 years. Their longevity and durability are remarkable. Wool and nylon blend carpets are a type of hybrid used to enhance properties of the carpets like longevity and durability. There are innumerable wool mix carpets to fit your budget and requirements including a blend of silk, cotton and nylon. Wool carpets are highly comfortable and most importantly eco-friendly. This gives a great competitive edge to wool blend carpets over others in the industry.
Types of Wool Mix Carpets
We will look into three different types of wool mix carpets and their respective utilities to help you decide better:
- Wool and Nylon Blend Carpet - The basic idea for mixing natural and synthetic materials is to enhance the quality and keep favorable prices. Wool carpets have excellent longevity while nylon carpets are easy to clean. Woolen fibre carpets are anti-bacterial while nylon fibre is stain-proof. Hence, it is easier to maintain the appearance of a wool and nylon blend carpet for longer and maintain easily. They can withstand heavy footfall regularly and still be in excellent condition. These hybrid mixes have high resiliency and offer great comfort and softness at the same time.
- Wool Cotton Blend - Cotton rugs are a great option to cover smaller surface areas like kitchens, hallways, or stairways. Cotton fibre has the ability to hold and lock dyes and it is highly versatile. However, it is highly unlikely for cotton to exist in itself due to its high price, and so is often blended with natural wool. Wool cotton blend rugs are available in multiple stylish carpet colours and ranges of designs. They elevate residential and commercial style quotients effectively.
- Wool and Silk Blend - While silk fibre is more lustrous and delicate, wool carpets have a flat appearance. Both of them have their own and unique properties that make both these materials a great carpet option, especially for commercial purposes. Large wool and silk blend area rugs have beautiful designs and imprints on them. These spark up living spaces beautifully. Their qualities speak for themselves and their features are best understood on application over the years.
Benefits Of A Wool Blend Carpet
Here are some of the greatest benefits of decorating living spaces with this type of wool carpet:
- Flame-Retardant - The blend of wool and cotton carpets is repulsive to fire. These types of carpets can catch fire but do not support flames. Moving the carpet away from the source of fire will allow them to self-extinguish themselves. Wool and cotton can hold immense amounts of moisture which explains the property of flame-retardant.
- Water-Repellent - Wool and silk blend area rugs are made of fibres that are naturally water-repellent due to waxy coatings. These carpets can successfully eliminate moisture quickly. It helps to keep the carpets warm and dry.
- Excellent Insulators - These carpets have excellent insulating properties and help to regulate the temperature around living spaces. The natural fibre used for these carpets has low static electricity and many other features that add a lot more than beauty to your homes.
- Hypo-allergenic - Since wool mix carpets are easy to clean, harmful pollutants stand no chance to survive on the surface areas. These carpets are one of the safest options when it comes to the well-being of your family and guests.
- Flexible & Durable - Wool mix carpets are elastic, resilient and highly reliable. Wool carpets are one of the finest carpet fibres. Their composition is similar to that of coil spring that allows wool carpets to withstand heavy pressure for years. They are so flexible even after heavy traffic that they can maintain an aesthetic appearance for years on end.
The Difference Between Wool Blend Carpets And Wool Carpets
The main difference between a wool blend carpet and wool carpets is that a wool blend carpet is made from a mixture of different materials while wool carpets are made of natural wool. A wool blend carpet usually will contain a mix of natural and synthetic fibre, which can make them more durable and easier to clean than wool carpets. However, by using synthetic fibre in the carpets, they may not be as soft or luxurious as pure wool carpets.
There are a few colours that are a popular choice often used in solution dyed nylon carpets. These colours include grey, black, blue, and green. If you want your carpet to stand out and be the focal point of your room, then you can choose a bolder colour or pattern. However, if you prefer a more subtle look, then a neutral coloured carpet would be a better option. You should also keep in mind the size of your room when choosing carpet colours – darker colours can make a small space feel even smaller, while lighter colours can help to brighten up a room and make it appear larger. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what colour or pattern will best suit your home. Solution dyed nylon carpets are available in a wide range of colours, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Wool mix carpets are not naturally stain resistant, but they can be treated to make them have a stronger stain resistance. The treatment process usually involves applying a coating of Scotchgard or another similar product to the carpet. This will help to repel spills and stains, making it easier to clean up any accidents.
Wool mix carpets are not naturally fade resistant, but the addition of synthetic fibres to the mix can help to make them more resistant to fading. The synthetic fibre will absorb some of the UV light that would normally cause the carpet to fade over time.
The best way to clean a wool mix carpet is to vacuum it regularly and have it professionally cleaned every 12-18 months. When vacuuming, be sure to use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to avoid damaging the delicate fibres. If you spill something on the carpet, blot it up immediately with a clean, white cloth. Do not rub or scrub the spill, as this will only spread it and make it more difficult to remove. If the stain persists, you can try spot cleaning it with a mild detergent or carpet cleaner. However, it's always best to call in a professional carpet cleaner if you're not sure how to deal with a particular stain.
Types of Carpet Piles
Choosing the right blend of carpets
Choosing the right blend of carpets for your living spaces depends on a number of factors including the surroundings and the well-being of residents. These outstanding wool blend carpets are the primary choice for every household. Different qualities and features not only add to the beauty of your living spaces but provide outstanding benefits as well.
Professional carpet cleaners can clean all types of wool carpets made of pure wool or synthetic fibres. Get stunning floor coverings made with sheep's wool that is soft underfoot and have fire resistant properties as well. Regular vacuuming of interior spaces in family homes has a wide range of benefits for your wool carpet. Get a luxurious feel and choose remarkable wool carpets that are a great choice for high traffic areas. You can dry clean wool carpets. Wool carpets are made with natural materials that help to keep your home warm in winter.
Arrange a Free Measure and Quote
Len likes to personally attend and inspect your property, whether commercial or residential, offering free measurement and quotation for a perfect flooring solution.
Trust Carpets By Design to provide outstanding value for money on quality carpets and vinyl flooring options based on your requirements and budget.