Nylon carpets often undergo the process of solution dye that enriches and modifies the carpet fibres. Solution-dyed nylon carpets have major differences in the fibre used when compared to carpets that are dyed with other methods. Solution-dyed carpets complement your interior decors and enhance the aura of home and offices spaces. They are made from synthetic quality materials or polyester which follows highly flexible carpet fibres.
What is Solution Dyeing?
This is a process that uses colours on synthetic fibre materials. There are multiple methods to dye carpets but they can be specifically categorised into two. Solution-dyed polyester carpets form the first category while all the other dyeing methods can be accumulated into the other. The differences between these dyeing methods are clearly visible on solution-dyed nylon carpets when compared to the rest. Solution-dyed carpets are hardy and add a luxurious touch to your living spaces. It is a pre-dyeing process before producing the yarn. The carpet fibres are dyed with a molten nylon polymer. This solution allows the colour to permanently embrace the carpet fibres. So, when these products are cleaned using tough chemical solutions, none of their colour or texture is lost. They are a perfect home decor solution for families with pets and children.
Benefits of Solution Dyed Nylon Carpets
Solution-dyed carpets offer much more advantages than any other carpets in the industry. Here are some of the main reasons why solution-dyed nylon carpets are the most sustainable and environmentally friendly carpets at present:
- High Durability - Nylon is an exceptional fibre that not only overcomes regular high traffic but also protects the carpets from all kinds of damage and tear. Harsh industrial carpet cleaning solutions have decolouration effects on carpets. Solution-dyed nylon carpets can easily lock the colours with the fibres permanently and prevent the carpet colours from fading. They are strong and long-lasting.
- Soil and Stain Resistant - Homes and commercial places always have high footfall. Quite naturally, this increases the chances of spoiling the carpets on the surface. Dirt, pollution and stains become inevitable. However, solution-dyed nylon carpets are made from flexible fibres. These fibres are dust and stain-resistant due to the synthetic materials used and their nonporous nature. Also, these type of nylon carpets are highly resistant to wetness, and prevents mould and mildew accumulation on their surfaces.
- Fire-Proof - A commercial setting should be safe and secure. Solution-dyed nylon carpets are fireproof because their constituent fibres have self-extinguishing properties. They can be very slow to catch fire even if they come in direct contact with flaring flames. Such a carpet at a workplace is not only efficient but reassures the workplace occupant of a safe environment. This is one of the best advantages of using such carpets because they minimize the risks of environmental hazards.
- Comforting Carpet - We have already discussed some of the major benefits of using solution-dyed carpets. Nonetheless, it is important to highlight that solution-dyed nylon carpets are one of the most comfortable accessories present in the existing market. They are soft, durable, does not wear and tear easily and most importantly are great options for houses that have toddlers and pets.
- Flexible Fibres - Nylon carpets are water-resistant and solution-dyed carpets can lock the dyeing colours permanently. Apart from the innumerable benefits of these carpets, they are available in a wide choice of shapes, colour ranges, and designs. However, the quality of the fibres remain flexible for a long time even after regular use and wash.
- Easy To Clean - Solution dyed polyester carpets elevate your homes’ cleanliness due to their environmentally friendly nature. They prevent water to absorb on its surface due to its nonporous nature. Solution-dyed carpets are dust, stain, mould, water and fire-resistant. Also, due to the special colours and the dyeing technique used on these carpets are of superior quality. This prevents loss of colour even when they are cleaned with the harshest chemical solutions.
A solution-dyed nylon carpet is the best option for both commercial and residential purposes for multiple reasons. All the benefits of this carpet make it number one in the market meeting every need of ours. Keeping these factors in mind, there are no second thoughts when it comes to a solution-dyed carpet. It is undoubtedly a standout option amongst carpets.
They are the most-loved home decor due to the multiple purposes they can serve and the healthy environment it entails. There are no hassles involved in cleaning and maintaining solution-dyed carpets. Their durability and sturdy composition make these polyester carpets a must-have home essential.