Thick wool carpets are known for their remarkable quality and durability. Wool is one of the most popular carpet options due to a number of favourable properties. They are luxurious and hence, an easy choice for residential and commercial sectors. Wool blend carpets can withstand a lot of traffic and pressure due to the fibre used. Also, wool carpets look aesthetically beautiful and serve as a great home decor option for hospitality. The carpets have great retention properties that keep them durable for hundreds of years when properly maintained.
There are a number of reasons why wool blend carpets are the best option for home and interior decor. Choosing a new floor carpet can be a difficult task when you have to keep several factors in mind. The wide range of materials and styles to choose from can get overwhelming.
Types of Wool Carpets
There are two different types of wool carpets:
- 100% Natural Wool Carpet - String wools come from the finest breed of sheep from around the world. The quality of the wool is soft, tough and has a unique texture.
- 80/20 Wool Mix Carpets - These carpets are often blended with other fibre materials than wool to enhance certain properties of the carpets. Since the composition consists of a mixture of wool and other materials, the name is derived from the same.
Benefits of Wool Carpets
The benefits of wool nylon blend carpets can be best experienced over the years when you do not have to frequently invest in changing carpets. Here are some of the finest properties of wool carpets that offer great comfort and benefits. Let us take a look at them:
- Ultimate Renewable Fibre - There is an extensive supply of wool and the fact that it is a natural product makes it the ultimate renewable fibre. It is always accessible within a gap of 9-12 months.
- Biodegradable Product - Wool carpets can return to nature as easily as they are provided to us by nature. They are composed of amino acids and can break down to offer potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen to plants when mixed in the soil. So, wool carpets, even when dumped, give way to life and offer food to plants.
- Flexible & Durable - Wool carpets are elastic, resilient, and highly reliable. Wool carpets are one of the finest carpet fibres. Their composition is similar to that of coil spring that allows wool carpets to withstand heavy pressure for years. They are so flexible even after heavy traffic that they can maintain an aesthetic appearance for years on end.
- Flame Retardant - Wool is a flame-retardant material. which means that it will catch fire but not support the flame. So, when you remove the source of the fire away from your wool carpet, it will self-extinguish due to the moisture it holds within. So, cigarette burns and minor fire splats do not harm wool carpets.
- Warm, Cool, Cozy & Comfortable - Wool carpets have the best insulating properties that come of use throughout the different seasons. The unique chemical composition of wool carpets allows them to regulate your home’s temperature manually. So, you have a cool surrounding on warm summer days and a warm, cozy setting on a chilly winter day.
- Water-Repellent - It is also a naturally water-repellent material because wool fibre surfaces have waxy scales that overlap. This makes the wool carpet showerproof. It is easily noticeable how quickly the droplets roll off the carpet fibres.
- Lower Static Electricity - Due to high water retention properties, wool carpets are poor in static electricity. This means that there is lesser dirt. Also, wool’s lower surface energy helps in keeping the carpets clean compared to other fibres.
- Hypoallergenic - The wool carpet fibres hold minute dust particles until the carpets are cleaned or vacuumed. This reduces the chances of harmful pollutants floating in the air of your living space, thereby minimising the chances of allergies.
- Affordability & Comfort - Wool carpets offer more comfort than what they cost. They are safe and prevent accidents inside homes. These products are highly affordable and provide excellent comfort all year round.
Wool carpets offer innumerable benefits, which make them the top decoration accessories for residential and commercial spaces. Also, their natural properties like water resistance, high durability, biodegradable nature, 100% original material satisfaction, home insulation, sound absorption and fire-retardant qualities cannot be overlooked if safety is your priority.
Arrange a Free Measure and Quote
Len likes to personally attend and inspect your property, whether commercial or residential, offering free measurement and quotation for a perfect flooring solution.
Trust Carpets By Design to avail outstanding value for money on world-class carpets and vinyl flooring options based on your requirements and budget.
Contact us today to check out our outstanding services and book your free inspection. Call Len directly on 0431 034 099 or 07 3823 5393 to discuss your requirements.